Putty powder construction common problem twenty questions and answers
1. After scraping the putty, I found that there is a partial yellowing. What is the reason? What should I do?
Answer: (1) The first time the putty has not dried up, the second time it is scraped, it will often produce yellowing.
(2) The wall has a large water content, and there is no backing treatment before putting the putty, which will also cause local yellowing.
(3) If it is because the first time the putty has not dried, the second time, and the resulting yellowing, you can brush the white paint to cover it. If the yellowing is caused by the water in the wall, and the putty used is not waterproof putty, it is best to shovel the redo and do the backing before doing it.
2. What are the contents of the painting process in the decoration?
A: There are generally four procedures for painting in the decoration: wall treatment, putty, primer, and topcoat.
3. Some people say that the procedure for scraping the putty is to scrape it again and again; others say that the procedure for scraping the putty is to scrape it three times. What is the right thing to do?
A: Generally speaking, three times means that it is scraped twice, polished and leveled again. In fact, putty is only a basic leveling of the wall, because the batch is thick and easy to crack, when the wall is found to be very uneven, you can use white latex to blend the gypsum powder to level the wall, of course, the gypsum powder should not be scraped. It's too thick, too thick, it will crack. Therefore, whether it is two times putty, or three times putty, it is necessary to make the wall a smooth. Wait for the batch to scrape the putty and illuminate the wall with a 200W bulb. Generally it is rigorously polished.
4, one year ago, when the decoration was out of some problems, it stopped working, and the wall and top surface were scraped with plaster and plaster. What should I do if I continue to decorate this year?
Answer: (1) If it is water-resistant putty, and there is no phenomenon of chalking or falling off, you can not shovel it off.
(2) If it is water-resistant putty, but it has been powdered, it must be scraped and redone. Even if only some parts have different degrees of cracking, mildew, skin roll, peeling, powdering and other symptoms, they must be completely eradicated and redone. Because, minor repairs and small supplements will not help, and will not affect the new decoration materials.
(3) If it is a non-water-resistant putty, it can be melted into water due to the starch glue in the non-water-resistant putty. When the air is wet, the water molecules penetrate into the wall, causing the surface of the putty to be powdered. You must shovel and redo. Otherwise, it is very prone to peeling and cracking.
5, just new house, the wall of the room has been put on putty, and it looks very flat. Is it necessary to carry out the renovation now, is it to shovel the redo, or directly polish the paint?
A: You can measure whether it is water-resistant putty. If not, you must shovel and scrape again. If it is water-resistant putty, and there are no symptoms such as cracking, mildew, skin roll, peeling, powdering, etc., you can directly polish the paint. The test method is very simple: it can be washed off with water. If it can be wiped off, it means that it is not water-resistant putty, it has to be removed.
6, the old home renovation, the original wall brush is white, how to deal with?
Answer: (1) If the original white ash is not chalked, cracked, emptied, or detached, you can use it without scraping it. Just use a high-quality water-resistant putty to smooth it. If you use ordinary putty, it is best. When the first batch of putty is put, put more 108 construction glue or interface agent in the putty to enhance the adhesion, and then follow the general procedure to operate.
(2) If the original white ash has already appeared chalking, cracking, hollowing, falling off, etc., it must be removed.
7. The house should be renovated. The wall putty was originally made of waterproof putty (similar to N3-800 elastic waterproof type putty). When renovating, it should be affixed to the wallpaper. Will the original waterproof putty be removed?
A: Generally speaking, the waterproof putty is very strong, not only difficult to shovel, but also it is very difficult to polish. Even if the decoration company advises you to eradicate, it is quite time-consuming, laborious, and labor-intensive for the construction workers to actually eliminate the business, and you will often be asked to reduce the item. Therefore, if the original waterproof putty layer is not cracked, peeled, peeled off, powdered, etc., it is not necessary to remove it. If the wall is leveled, it can be pasted. If there is a local damage, you only need to do partial repair.
8. The wall and top surface are scraped with water-resistant putty, but some areas have been exposed to yellowing of the underlying plaster plaster after grinding. In some places, the putty is thin enough to leak out the gray-skinned base layer. Batch scraping the putty? If it is painted directly, will it affect the quality?
Answer: This situation is also likely to occur when the decoration team does not cut corners. The main reason is that the wall and the top surface are particularly uneven, especially the top surface of the prefabricated board (commonly known as the floor, generally the old building) structure. This is likely to occur when the joint between the slab and the slab is difficult to level. This is rarely the case with cast-in-place slabs. If the paint is sprayed under such conditions, if the primer and top coat are sprayed in accordance with the normal operation, it should cover the existing wall and top surface with inconsistent colors, and theoretically there will be nothing. Hidden dangers.
9. Some people say that the water-resistant putty is alkaline. When it is used up, it should be closed with a primer. Otherwise, there will be stain on the latex paint with color. Some people say that after the water-resistant putty is completely dried (5-7 days), At this time, the alkali disappears and there is no need to apply primer. Which one is right?
A: Water-resistant putty is strongly alkaline, and its alkalinity still exists after drying. So, still seal the primer, or apply some anti-alkali primer.
10. In the place where the lime is mixed with sand, many small cracks appear in the place. They are looking for the construction team of the decoration company. They just shovel the cracked and empty ash and then trim it with white cement and glue. However, it will not take long before the wall cracks again. What should I do?
A: First of all, the original empty drums must be shoveled and re-doed. Because if there is an empty drum, it will crack in the future. Secondly, it is recommended to use elastic putty (such as N3-800 elastic waterproof eco putty) for finishing.
11. How to use water-resistant putty to treat walls?
A: The first step is to clean the original wall to the base.
The second step is to repair the original wall. After adding a mesh belt or kraft paper to the cracked or empty place, use a water-resistant putty to cover the wall.
In the third step, after the scraper is printed and sanded, the dust is cleaned and the topcoat is directly brushed.
12. Is it good to scrape the putty cream, or is it good to put the putty powder?
A: The putty paste is convenient and quick. It can be used directly without mixing with water, but the shelf life of the putty cream should be shorter. After the putty powder is mixed with water, the empty consistency can be freely controlled, and the shelf life is long.
13. What should I pay attention to when choosing construction glue for building putty?
Answer: (1) The first type is made of polyvinyl alcohol as the main raw material, and the construction glue is heated and made into a dark transparent glue. It is commonly known as 107 glue. At present, there are other brands on the market such as 801 glue, 803 glue, 901 glue, etc., such as very thick, brushed dark transparent glue, also belongs to this category. This type of adhesive has high adhesion, strong adhesion, and good hardness after being mixed into the filler. The disadvantage is: formaldehyde, poor retention. Quoted a section of the building materials testing center published in the media: 107 glue name "polyvinyl formal", has a pungent odor, contains a lot of free formaldehyde, formaldehyde has been recognized as a strong carcinogen, it enters the human body through the respiratory system, Damage to human health. 801 glue is a 107 glue change head change product. It is a production process added in the process of producing 107 glue. It uses urea to condense free formaldehyde into urine aldehyde. The purpose is to reduce the free formaldehyde content, which is characterized by the reduction of irritating odor, but it is simple. The production equipment, free formaldehyde will not be completely condensed, and the urine aldehyde is easily reduced to formaldehyde and urea. At present, the free formaldehyde content in 107 or 801 construction glue on the market greatly exceeds the national industry standard of 107 or 801 glue: free formaldehyde content ≤ 5g/k g. The water-based formaldehyde-based adhesive specified in the National Standard gb18583-2001 “Limited Hazardous Substances in Interior Decoration Materials Adhesives”, which was enforced on July 1, 2002, has a free formaldehyde content of ≤ 1g/kg, with 107, 801. The paint putty prepared by the building not only poisons the construction workers directly during the release of free formaldehyde during use, but after the end of the project, the free formaldehyde in the putty is less likely to be released due to the “protection” effect of the outer layer of paint. According to statistics from a hospital in Harbin, 90% of children with leukemia have recently renovated their families and are related to free formaldehyde.
(2) The second type is based on methyl fiber and synthetic emulsion as the main raw material, and the building glue compounded at room temperature is milky white glue, commonly known as 108 glue. The adhesiveness is moderate and there is no drawing phenomenon. When used, it is best to be compounded with inorganic cementitious materials such as cement, ash calcium and gypsum. The disadvantages of the glue are: (1) If the quality of the cellulose is not good, the fine putty of the cellulose will be attached to the surface after the prepared putty batch is scraped, which not only affects the decorative effect, but also wastes the coating. (2) When the putty is added on site, if no cement or gray calcium or gypsum is added, there will be disadvantages such as low strength of the putty prepared by shrinking. The utility model has the advantages that the mixture containing cement, or gray calcium and gypsum has better modification and improvement, does not contain formaldehyde, and has good environmental protection.
14, the batch of putty is to use the putty powder directly, or use "talc powder +108 glue" good?
Answer: (1) The putty powder is adjusted. It only needs to be added with water. It is convenient for construction and saves time. It is a material that is more commonly used by painters.
(2) "Talc +108 glue (or white latex)" requires workers with certain construction experience to adjust well, because it involves the problem of blending ratio, too much glue is not easy to scrape, glue is too small to crack, and it takes time It is generally used in renovation projects where the requirements are relatively high. It takes time to dry out, so nowadays it is less used in general households.
15. When the putty is dry and brushed the wall paint, must first brush the alkali-resistant primer?
A: If there is no pan-alkali on the wall, there is no need to brush the anti-mite primer.
16. What effect does the putty have on the latex paint?
Answer: The wall surface is composed of three levels (wall base, putty layer, paint surface). Due to the influence and change of environmental and climatic conditions, it is easy to deform, because the deformation index is different and the wall surface is cracked. If the putty layer is flexible (for example, using N3-800 elastic waterproof type eco putty), it not only effectively prevents cracking of the wall surface, but also prevents the peeling and falling off of the wall surface. Therefore, the putty plays a role between the wall and the latex paint. For the wall, the putty must be tightly bonded to the wall and firmly bonded; for latex paint, it is to provide a good substrate with a solid structure and no rejection reaction with the latex paint.
17. Why is it not recommended to use 107 glue, or a glue like 107 to prepare putty?
A: The construction workers are accustomed to using 107 glue, or a glue similar to 107 to prepare the putty, because the 107 glue has high viscosity, strong adhesion, and is mixed with the filler to form a putty. After being scraped and dried, the hardness is good, and it is not easy to fall off and crack. However, many puttyes on the market are made of 107 glues, inferior fillers without standard and non-standard modulation. 107 Gum contains a large amount of formaldehyde and polyvinyl formal which cause serious harm to the human body. It is a product prohibited by the state. Inferior fillers are generally indicators of various heavy metals and radionuclides, and are potential enemies of human health. The plant gum series products produced on the basis of bioengineering technology are undoubtedly the original green products, and users should choose such putty.
18, the wall is scratched with water-resistant putty. After drying, it is found that the surface strength is large, and the inside is powder. Why?
Answer: (1) After the putty is scraped onto the wall, many chemical materials such as cellulose and latex powder in the putty will accumulate on the surface with the evaporation of water, which will result in the inner layer of the putty not being able to obtain the proper strength. In addition, the inner layer of the putty is generally slower, and may not dry out during the test. This is also one of the main reasons leading to the powdering of putty.
(2) There is another possibility: the quality of white cement is poor, and the price of white cement is relatively high. Therefore, illegal traders often mix other cheap fillers into white cement.
(3) Solution: increase the amount of rubber powder and white cement.
19. When applying putty, what parts need to be patched?
A: If you use ordinary putty (such as: 821 putty), or water-resistant putty, it is best to use the patch between the light body wall, the joint between the partition wall board, the seam of the furniture and the wall, the slot of the wall surface, etc. Processing process. If you use elastic putty (such as: N3-800 elastic waterproof eco-pure), you can use the patch treatment and directly scrape.
20, did not wait for the first time the putty dried out to scrape the second time putty, will it affect the quality?
A: This is prone to quality problems such as cracking, peeling, hollowing, and yellowing of the wall. You should wait until the previous process is completely dry before proceeding to the next process.